Sunday 14 February 2016

No Sex, No Gender!


No Sex, No Gender!




Constant emphasis since ages has been on women as someone else's property. Attacking her individuality with the societal expectations has been an old phenomenon.

Being born as a girl chains one with limitless stereotypes, prejudices, notions, values and expectations.
The biggest of the stereotype is-women are weak.
They can't be left alone, they require constant security, they are beings who are scared to be alone in any place.
Those who think so, must bang their brains with bars. Seriously! You people gotta work with your notions and thoughts which has nothing to do with education but common sense. And I guess we all are blessed with common senses. Problem is in not using it rightly.
NO SEX, NO GENDER !
Let the base of Identification be Individuality!

I am a girl!

Who do I look like? must have been the first thought in your brains. You gotta chuck that thought out because that's where you started wrong. You are setting up a judgement factor.

I am Single!

The fact that one is single doesn't give you a platform to ask her out.
Shut the bells in your head that ring every time you are introduced to a single being.

I am Independent!

Being independent doesn't mean one is alone. It simply means that the one is courageous and strong enough to look after herself and her significant other's needs.
Her independent nature doesn't give you the license to use her and throw. Better would be if you keep your thoughts full of shit to yourself.

I am Open minded. 

I guess this usually narrows the brains of many. And this can only be expressed and illustrated well by the fellas who constantly struggle to make an entry in the fields of films, media, law etc.
Have a word and they will break their silences on the hidden reality.

I am not educated. 

Yes, because I am a girl. My parents are not rich . They can only spend money on my marriage. Marriage will only happen when my parents will be able to give the demanded dowry to the groom and his family. I am a burden. We don't have money to spend on education.
I have to get married to the one whom I don't know at all. I have to keep the promise of being a good daughter in law, wife and a mother. I have to adjust and compromise because that's all we are expected and taught to do. That's the common curriculum we all are taught in the institutions of society.

I am weak !

Weakness has been always misunderstood by our companions. Blessing to give birth doesn't make the being weak. Understand it's the task of the emotionally , mentally and physically strong species. No, I don't mean men have less of strength.
The intention here is just to eradicate the notion that women are physically weak and need constant support.
They are the warriors of their own life. The only thing is that their battles are different from those of men.
Let them use their own strategies to be victorious. Let them set their platform and create their own agency.
Don't substitute their voice with the voices of men. Don't let the strength of others take over their strength and individuality.

Providing a separate compartment for women in public transport is no way of protecting them. Protection is when you provide a guard while they use their voice and agency to fight their own battle. Don't make them paralysis victim.

Be liberal.
Liberty is not in creating different worlds for species of different kinds.
We are not different.
We are not women and you are not men.
We are individuals with different qualities and traits born to support and become a whole.
It's in the chances of identification that we develop strength.
Let the base of identification be individuality and not gender.

5 comments: